Do you feel that it is important for everyone entering your career to participate in an internship? Should companies provide mentors for new employees or should new workers seek out their own mentors?
I feel that it would be important for everyone to participate in some sort of an internship to get an idea of your perspective career and what you would be doing in that job. Companies should have mentors available to guide and direct new employees and to be there continuously for them if needed and/or wanted. However, new workers should also try and seek out someone to help mentor and assist them on the job as well.
I feel that everyone should participate in an internship. It helps you to gain experience in your career and to see what it will be like to work in that field. I feel that companies should have mentors provided, but they don't have to pair up employees with a mentor. The employee can either select from the mentors provided or even find their own, which is what I would prefer. Not everyone meshes well together and people often find someone better suited to their personality.
My intership was valuable in the sense that it showed what the school was adding up to. Almost like a light at the end of the tunnel. I learned many things about certain aspects and the demand for the job. It opened my eyes up to wanting to center my sills in. It showed the different variation on how to think through an entire job and the effort it takes to complete it.
I believe it is the persons responsibility to want to seek help and get better. The employer is trying to run a business and needs people who enjoy learning knew things. Mentoring is best done with a friendly and conscious decision, not an order your boss gave you
I think that everyone should participate in an internship. It's a completely different experience than you are getting in the classroom. It shows you what its like to work with other professionals and real clients.I think companies should provide mentors but not make it mandatory to use the ones provided.
I do feel that doing an internship is essential to the fashion industry because it is fast paced and very stressful, doing the internship helps to in a way break them into the job world. It would be good for them to provide mentors, people would in the end do a better job most likely. If they try to find their own mentors there is a high possiblity they would find mentors that were not so good.
Yes, I feel that every person should have an internship in any career occupation that they are about to enter into, because it gives them an equal opportunity to see how a job will operate and it will also be beneficial to students that has never worked a job before. Providing a mentor in the workforce should be mandatory because it will not only help the employee out, but it will save the company money that the new employee might damage, lack skills, and valuable time to the companies. By providing a mentor will advance the employee skills and confidence in what they are doing, which will help the company gain future growth. -Sarah Green
Often in life we as people feel that when entering into the business world that a internship is very helpful, however many times when we get to that internship we don't actually know how to make the most of the internship. We fall into the field of following what the boss tells us rather then realizing that we should learn not only what we are told to do but notice what each person in the company does in hope to better ourselves. This is key to the point I feel, that I feel internships are not always needed to be participated in to do the best job we can. Some times internships change what we know and make us lose our ability to challenge the norm. However I do feel companies should provide mentors. Though employees should want to learn on their own, another persons point of view is can help five people another way to look at thing. This concept is used in religion, when though we as people can learn the word ourselves we go to churches and other establishments to learn more because of the group knowing more.
Every student should participate in an internship, it helps the student get outside the classroom and experience what a real job is like. Companies should provide mentors show that they can guide new employees and show them how to do things and should be there when needed. Employees however should be able to seek other mentors outside of their internships.
I think it's very important to get an internship. I believe that it gives you a glimpse of what it's like to work for a company. It also helps you add to your working experience. I think that companies definitely should provide mentors for new employees and also seeking your own mentors can help too. It would be kind of difficult if you don't know anyone outside of the industry to help you with your work to show you how to do things at your job. Luckily going to the Art Institute, we have a lot of instructors who can be our mentors because they have worked in the industry before.
I think that it is very important to do an internship for any career choice. An internship helps you gain insight into what your future job may hold for you. It helps to furthur develop skills and knowledge of the industry. I also feel that companies should provide mentors for employees & that employees should seek their own- I feel as though we should have both options. Having a mentor is a great thing for everyone to have because they help build confidence in you & help you reach your full potential at any job.
I do think that it is beneficial for people to have an internship. You can learn so much in the real world that you don’t get at school. I think that companies should provide the new employees with mentors. Other wise you may end up with some person mentoring another not that much further a head of that person. I think that is would be greatly beneficial to the company to have this possibility.
I really believe that one should paeticipate in an internship for sure. For example, in my case, I had never worked in a kitchen before so when I had my internship I was just thrown into what everyone else was doing and not exactly knowing what to do all the time. I quickly learned, because I had to but also because I had someone there who was my leader/ mentor. Going to school for culinary is sooooo different than the realy world and feel that if I had no kitchen experience after graduating I would have been in a bad situation.
I think participating in an internship is important for future fashion designers. Internships give you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience. Internships are also a great way to obtain a job. I think companies should provide mentors for new employees. Mentors help to guide the new employees with work and co-workers which can make the new employees feel more prepared and comfortable with their new job.
I feel internships are a great opportunity for students to learn and get a feel of what the real work place is like. It could open their eyes and show them what they do and DON’T want to do. It also can open doors and give them opportunities to do amazing things or meet established people whereas if they hadn’t done the internship they never would of gotten to do those things. I know for me personally my internship landed me a job, and that job keeps offering great opportunities to move up in the company and I never thought id be working where I am today, and to think I landed that job from an 11 week internship! I also think the whole “mentor” thing should be offered by companies. Companies should help students and/or graduates see things through established person’s eyes. Help them see the positive outcome from working hard and achieving success. I think a lot of students are worried about finding a job and liking that job. But if employers helped mentor students and help embrace them for what lies ahead I think we would feel much better about the future. By: Tara Helvey
Yes, I think it is very important to have an internship. Internships provide experience in a real work environment, and many employers look for work experience before hiring. Internships also teach you how to work with real clients and others on team. I think employers should provide a mentor for interns to work with. An intern can learn best practices, new skills, and more from a mentor. However, having a mentor outside of the workplace can also be beneficial, and students should seek that person out on their own.
I believe that it's very beneficial to participate in an internship in every field. An internship allows you to get a feel for things before you actually enter the workforce. It also allows an employer to work one on one with a potential employee. All in all it's a win-win situation for everyone.
Why would you not want to participate in an internship program? It provides extremely valuable experience in the field that you will need. When you finally accept a job after you graduate, you will at least have an idea of what you will be doing instead of just jumping right in hoping you will swim. Internships can help you learn and make mistakes without too much of a repercussion career wise.
I feel that it would be important for everyone to participate in some sort of an internship to get an idea of your perspective career and what you would be doing in that job. Companies should have mentors available to guide and direct new employees and to be there continuously for them if needed and/or wanted. However, new workers should also try and seek out someone to help mentor and assist them on the job as well.
ReplyDeleteI feel that everyone should participate in an internship. It helps you to gain experience in your career and to see what it will be like to work in that field. I feel that companies should have mentors provided, but they don't have to pair up employees with a mentor. The employee can either select from the mentors provided or even find their own, which is what I would prefer. Not everyone meshes well together and people often find someone better suited to their personality.
ReplyDeleteMy intership was valuable in the sense that it showed what the school was adding up to. Almost like a light at the end of the tunnel. I learned many things about certain aspects and the demand for the job. It opened my eyes up to wanting to center my sills in. It showed the different variation on how to think through an entire job and the effort it takes to complete it.
ReplyDeleteI believe it is the persons responsibility to want to seek help and get better. The employer is trying to run a business and needs people who enjoy learning knew things. Mentoring is best done with a friendly and conscious decision, not an order your boss gave you
I think that everyone should participate in an internship. It's a completely different experience than you are getting in the classroom. It shows you what its like to work with other professionals and real clients.I think companies should provide mentors but not make it mandatory to use the ones provided.
ReplyDeleteI do feel that doing an internship is essential to the fashion industry because it is fast paced and very stressful, doing the internship helps to in a way break them into the job world. It would be good for them to provide mentors, people would in the end do a better job most likely. If they try to find their own mentors there is a high possiblity they would find mentors that were not so good.
ReplyDeleteYes, I feel that every person should have an internship in any career occupation that they are about to enter into, because it gives them an equal opportunity to see how a job will operate and it will also be beneficial to students that has never worked a job before. Providing a mentor in the workforce should be mandatory because it will not only help the employee out, but it will save the company money that the new employee might damage, lack skills, and valuable time to the companies. By providing a mentor will advance the employee skills and confidence in what they are doing, which will help the company gain future growth.
ReplyDelete-Sarah Green
Often in life we as people feel that when entering into the business world that a internship is very helpful, however many times when we get to that internship we don't actually know how to make the most of the internship. We fall into the field of following what the boss tells us rather then realizing that we should learn not only what we are told to do but notice what each person in the company does in hope to better ourselves. This is key to the point I feel, that I feel internships are not always needed to be participated in to do the best job we can. Some times internships change what we know and make us lose our ability to challenge the norm. However I do feel companies should provide mentors. Though employees should want to learn on their own, another persons point of view is can help five people another way to look at thing. This concept is used in religion, when though we as people can learn the word ourselves we go to churches and other establishments to learn more because of the group knowing more.
ReplyDeleteEvery student should participate in an internship, it helps the student get outside the classroom and experience what a real job is like. Companies should provide mentors show that they can guide new employees and show them how to do things and should be there when needed. Employees however should be able to seek other mentors outside of their internships.
ReplyDeleteI think it's very important to get an internship. I believe that it gives you a glimpse of what it's like to work for a company. It also helps you add to your working experience. I think that companies definitely should provide mentors for new employees and also seeking your own mentors can help too. It would be kind of difficult if you don't know anyone outside of the industry to help you with your work to show you how to do things at your job. Luckily going to the Art Institute, we have a lot of instructors who can be our mentors because they have worked in the industry before.
ReplyDeleteI think that it is very important to do an internship for any career choice. An internship helps you gain insight into what your future job may hold for you. It helps to furthur develop skills and knowledge of the industry. I also feel that companies should provide mentors for employees & that employees should seek their own- I feel as though we should have both options. Having a mentor is a great thing for everyone to have because they help build confidence in you & help you reach your full potential at any job.
ReplyDelete-Bridgett Washnock
I do think that it is beneficial for people to have an internship. You can learn so much in the real world that you don’t get at school. I think that companies should provide the new employees with mentors. Other wise you may end up with some person mentoring another not that much further a head of that person. I think that is would be greatly beneficial to the company to have this possibility.
ReplyDeleteI really believe that one should paeticipate in an internship for sure. For example, in my case, I had never worked in a kitchen before so when I had my internship I was just thrown into what everyone else was doing and not exactly knowing what to do all the time. I quickly learned, because I had to but also because I had someone there who was my leader/ mentor. Going to school for culinary is sooooo different than the realy world and feel that if I had no kitchen experience after graduating I would have been in a bad situation.
ReplyDeleteI think participating in an internship is important for future fashion designers. Internships give you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience. Internships are also a great way to obtain a job. I think companies should provide mentors for new employees. Mentors help to guide the new employees with work and co-workers which can make the new employees feel more prepared and comfortable with their new job.
ReplyDeleteI feel internships are a great opportunity for students to learn and get a feel of what the real work place is like. It could open their eyes and show them what they do and DON’T want to do. It also can open doors and give them opportunities to do amazing things or meet established people whereas if they hadn’t done the internship they never would of gotten to do those things. I know for me personally my internship landed me a job, and that job keeps offering great opportunities to move up in the company and I never thought id be working where I am today, and to think I landed that job from an 11 week internship! I also think the whole “mentor” thing should be offered by companies. Companies should help students and/or graduates see things through established person’s eyes. Help them see the positive outcome from working hard and achieving success. I think a lot of students are worried about finding a job and liking that job. But if employers helped mentor students and help embrace them for what lies ahead I think we would feel much better about the future.
ReplyDeleteBy: Tara Helvey
Yes, I think it is very important to have an internship. Internships provide experience in a real work environment, and many employers look for work experience before hiring. Internships also teach you how to work with real clients and others on team. I think employers should provide a mentor for interns to work with. An intern can learn best practices, new skills, and more from a mentor. However, having a mentor outside of the workplace can also be beneficial, and students should seek that person out on their own.
ReplyDeleteI believe that it's very beneficial to participate in an internship in every field. An internship allows you to get a feel for things before you actually enter the workforce. It also allows an employer to work one on one with a potential employee. All in all it's a win-win situation for everyone.
ReplyDelete(Carolyn Korkzan)
Why would you not want to participate in an internship program? It provides extremely valuable experience in the field that you will need. When you finally accept a job after you graduate, you will at least have an idea of what you will be doing instead of just jumping right in hoping you will swim. Internships can help you learn and make mistakes without too much of a repercussion career wise.
ReplyDelete