Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Week Three Blog Question

As you approach graduation and begin the transistion to your new career. What do you feel will be the biggest obstacle you will face in the first year after graduation?

19 comments:

  1. I feel like my biggest obstacle I will have to overcome upon graduation is finding a set state to buy a house and establish myself and my family. Most other things such as paying back loans from school, are more so a set thing for me so they don't truly count as a obstacle in my mind for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel one of my biggest obstacles is finding a job that I will enjoy doing and help me jump start into a career that I will want to do for the rest of my life. Student loans are another thing that has me worried but if I find a decent job to help pay them then that won't be an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the biggest obstacle I will face in my profession, after graduation, is finding a job that is in my field, let alone a job that I am satisfied with. Given the current economic conditions, one would be lucky to have a job that could simply pay all your bills. Having a job that can pay your bills and make you happy seems like a dream.
    (Carolyn Korkzan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that one of the biggest obstacle I will face my first year after graduation is being able to have a company that I will enjoy working for. I want to be able to learn and grow with the company as well. I hope the pay is great as well. I'm definitely not looking forward to paying off my student loans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My biggest obstacle will definitely be finding a job and paying off my student loans! I am currently searching for a job in my field and hope to find one soon. Another big challenge will be stepping into the real world by trading in classes for real clients and real projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My biggest obstacle will be starting a new job. It will be hard to leave my family in Indiana and move to a different state that is more six hours away from them. It will be different living on my own and having to support myself. I am excited to see what will come, but I am sad to leave my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My biggest obstacle will be the transition to essentially having to budget and balance the living expenses of being an adult. With student loans, car payments and other living expenses becoming a true dependent is something that will take some time to transition into.
    Sean J. Buckner

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think an obstacle I will face would be making sure my current job’s pay rate increases, and that I go to salary vs hourly. I also think that another obstacle I might face would be getting to that dream job position because of course you have to start somewhere and hopefully you end up where you’ve always wanted to but that’s not always the easiest road to find or take. Let’s just hope things continue to fall into place or my obstacles will go from minimal to huge fast!
    Tara Helvey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe that one of the biggest obstacles I will face my first year after graduation is finding a job that I am satisfied & happy with. I want a job that will pay enough to help support myself as well as my family. Becoming independent after graduation will also be a tough transition because one must learn to balance a budget between car payments, living expenses & the much dreaded student loans.

    - Bridgett Washnock

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel that my biggest obstacle will be finding the right job and adapting to it. Your whole life and schedule changes after graduation. I don't know if I'm ready for that to happen. I'm not sure where I want to live, where I want to work, or even what exactly it is I want to do. I would love to take that first year and just enjoy it and travel. It will be the first time since I was 6 or 7 that I haven't been in school. I would love to enjoy that free time. I believe my biggest obstacle will be to make a choice and decide what I want to do with my life. It's the same obstacle I faced when I graduated high school. I overcame it that time and have done pretty well so far, so I have no fears of facing that obstacle again. Hakuna Matata, it means no worries...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe that my biggest obstacle is finding a job that will support me and make me happy at the same time. I feel if I can find that then I will be alright with everything else and beginning to pay loans back because that is not something you can avoid. After graduation I will gain so much free time from not being in school, there's so many things I want to do but in order for me to do those things I want to have that job first that way I will have no worries. The most important thing to remember is to keep positive and to never give up on yourself.

    -Chelsea Bonnoront

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe my biggest and apparent obstacle is finding a job that will benefit me in the long run. I do not want to be saddled with a job that calls for me performing menial duties and does not have any room for me to grow. I also fear that the job will not provide me with enough money for me to pay the monthly dues on my students loans and provide me with enough to live on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel it will be entering into the new phase of life. I want to relocate out west. My biggest obstacle will be doing that in a smooth and seamless fashion. I am trying really hard to gain experience and knowledge in school and at my job to help the job search and strengthen my portfolio. I need to badly transition to the web, but I lack the most forgotten commodity, time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My biggest obstacle will probably be trying to find a job. More than likely I won't immediately get my dream job but hopefully I will be able to get a job that I enjoy and will be a learning experience. One thing I am looking forward to is having more of a consistent schedule and just having one thing to focus on instead of work, school, homework, internships all piled up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The biggest obstacle I think I will face within the first year will be to find a job that is in my field of study and one that pays a good amount of money. Also within the first year I will be getting married, so that will be another obstacle that will only add to the stress and the job search.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel that the biggest problem that I am going to have after graduation is getting comfortable with what I am going to be doing. I have a big task at hand and I do not take failure well. I feel another thing that I have to worry about is my self-confidence. I am a very hard worker but sometimes when the tough gets going so do my nerves. If I can get that under wraps then I think I will be good to go. I just need to keep a positive attitude the whole time and I will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The biggest obstacle for me after graduation would be finding the best place as far as location and place to live in. I am worried that I will not be happy in what I am doing. The only obstacle I believe would be myself and bills are always going to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I believe my greatest fear is not being able to find a job in my field of fashion design. It is a career that is known to be very competitive, but i am a risk taker as well as determine to get what I want out of life if I work hard for it. So with all of this being said I will take a decent job that I can live by till an opening is available for me, because patient is a virtue and i feel it is worth waiting for than stressing about it. I believe everything happens for a reason. I'm just taking one day at a time and putting all my fears and cares in GOD hands!

    -Sarah Green

    ReplyDelete
  19. I believe that my biggest obstacle would be finding a job that I like. Most people that graduate start of in jobs that they really are not happy with, but they know that they have to start somewhere. They just look at it as a means to an end. I would like to be able to start in a place that I can see my self-growing and still be happy in 10-15 years. I am also worried about the transition from my current job to my new job.

    ReplyDelete