Monday, November 19, 2012

Week 9 Blog Question

What are your plans after graduation from AI?!

13 comments:

  1. As of right now I don’t have any firm plans. I would like to find a companies that deals with 3d design. Al thou I may end up somewhere completely different. I would say my main goal is to at least be working in my field. I have graduate in the past with a degree in computer graphics and ended up not working in that field but for an eye surgery center as the front office mng. So anything with graphic design where I can use what I learned would be a plus for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to work for American Girl. I would like to design the girl and doll clothing. I plan to work my way up, with hopes of one day becoming head CEO of American Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upon graduating I plan to work at a graphic design firm in the Indianapolis or New York area, and invest in buying a house to raise my son as well as continuing my hobby of motivational speaking and coaching sports.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After graduation, I plan to stay with my current employer, Saks Fifth Avenue for a little while longer until we decide what direction I would like to go to. Sometime next year, I plan to transfer to the corporate offices in NY. After a few years where I've felt I've gained enough experience and connections I will start my own company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be in debt above my head and try to move west to Oregon. I want to get a job at a firm and get a feel for the design aspect of it. I work at a sign shop, but I feel that I can do better as an advertiser. Maybe one day I will get into some niche, but for now I would love to work and learn from the man. It will only improve my awareness to be an owner of my own company. I plan to get a masters at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My plans for after graduation are to continue working at the local and the Lucas Oil mansion. I feel that right now I am in a really good spot and are continuing to learn so much. If I had to choice one it would probably be the Mansion because I get to meet so many well named chefs and do something different everyday at work. In five years I hope to have my own off site catering job or to co own with someone to the same likeability as me. Also in the next year I am planning on helping open a brewey in Broadripple so hopefully that leads me somewhere too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My plans after Graduation is to aleast start working for a company that deal with anything that have to do with fashion design...I dont really have a direct company that I would like to work at yet, but I would like to use my skills that i have learn and use them for a company firm that would require my skills to be use at their company.

    -Sarah Green

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I honestly don't have any solidified plans as of right now. I would love to work as an illustrator for a publishing company and to do freelance illustration on the side. I would also like to take some time to just relax and maybe go on a vacation. I've spent the last 15-16 years of my life in school. It would be nice to just have some time to do whatever I would like to without worrying about a deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My plans after I graduate is to hopefully find a job that fits my description of what I want to do. I can do so much with my degree that it makes it difficult to decide what I really want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I graduate I will continue to work for the jobs I am currently with and hopefully be able to start working on my own catering business. As of now I am happy with where I am and hopefully can continue doing things I like

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honestly, I'm not sure. When I first started school at AI I wanted to be an Executive Chef and work all those crazy hours and such. However, since then I have gotten married and plan on starting a family. Therefore, my professional goals have changed. I'm not willing to sacrifice my personal goals for my professional ones. So, I'm not really sure on what my next step will be. I'm sure whatever it is, there will be a happy balance between both aspecs of my life.

    Carolyn Korkzan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right now, I would just like to obtain a job in the field of graphic design so I can get the experience with real life jobs and creative work. I still haven't really decided if I want to relocate or move back home to Ohio. I do think it's in my best interest to go where I'll be happy and then I think from there I'll have a better idea on everything.

    -Chelsea Bonnoront

    ReplyDelete