Would you prefer AI to be on semesters (on the traditional collegiate system and to allow us to have a summer break without having to take a quarter off) or stay on the quarterly system?
I don't mind AI's quarterly system but it would be nice to have a longer break than 3 weeks. And honestly at the rate that I took my classes, which was a pretty full workload, I'm only graduating 3 months earlier than what I would have if we had semesters. Sometimes with the short 11 week quarters I also feel like we are rushing to learn everything that we need to. Especially if there is a holiday and we don't meet for class one week it cuts a chunk out of the time we have in the class.
Going from the traditional semester system, to a quarterly system was a challenge at first. With the traditional semester system, you are granted more breaks, you have more time to learn material and it doesn't seemed as rushed and crammed to learn as you do with the quarterly system. I feel that with the quarterly system, sure it's good that you get done faster, however, it takes a toll on your learning process and your overall health trying to cram everything in. The semester system is definitely something AI, should look into.
I also don't mind AI's quarterly system. However, with only 11 weeks to learn everything, it is very rushed & really does take a toll on your mind and learning capabilities. I think that semesters would not only give us more time to learn material but would also give us more time to do a better job on our projects, rather than rushing through them, like many of us do now. It would also be nice to have a summer break. I used to think it was going to pay off to keep going through the summers, however now that I am almost finished, I am graduating not much sooner that I would if I were attending a semester based college. I definitely think that semesters are something that AI should look into.
I don’t mind the way the terms are set up. To me it seem like to graduate faster so I am all for that. There are times that I wish I could stay in a class a little longer because I am learning so many new things I didn’t know. But most of the time it seems reasonable.
I would prefer semesters. It is hard to connect with old friends and travel over the summer and take classes. It is hard to take a quarter off and be able to stay on the quarterly class system especially since non-general education classes are generally only available every other quarter. Another reason why I would prefer semesters over quarters is that internships start over semester college summer breaks, which is in the middle of two AI quarters.
With having a background in attending both a traditional semester based school as well as two art institute where both were quarterly based, I feel that I preferred a quarterly system when trying to find classes I want to graduate. This style school allows for if you can't find a class you need to have a shorter time to wait until you can see if the next quarter will offer it. At a traditional school it is hard if you have one class to take before graduating and it is only offered once a year. that means you have to wait around if you don't manage to fit it in until the following year. However traditional semester style school I found was nice when it came to being able to take a number of classes at once. Since classes were shorter in time the homework ended up taking less time.
Before I attended Ai and had the experience with the quarterly system, I was super pumped about getting done in 3 years. But as I started in August 2009, I feel like all of my time has been taken away from me. It doesn't seem like there are enough breaks to go home and visit my family. I am 3 hours away and it has been so difficult over the last few years to go home as much as possible between school and a full-time job. I also feel as if we as students have been rushed with our classes with being done in 11 weeks. I wouldn't mind having the semesters so I could have more of a break, but then again I'm thinking about how I'm almost done, and now I will have a lot more time to visit home. :)
I enjoy the quarterly because it gives you the best knowledge of how the business world operates. It gives you a sense of working and managing time to get your breaks and enjoy them. Having the summer off is an unrealistic event that doesn't happen useless you are filthy rich. So keep the quarters.
I prefer the quarter system over traditional semester. However there are pros and cons preferring a traditional semester over a quarterly one. All in all I prefer the quarter semester I like having a shorter semester and it cost less than having a longer semester, however I have a shorter time to get projects done and to learn new material. Also the breaks are shorter than traditional semesters. I live with my family though so it's not a big deal.
At first I didn't like the quarter system. I didn't realize when going to this school that it was all year round. After a year, I got use to it. I like it now because you get to get new classes every 11 weeks versus having the same classes for half the year.
I feel That AI quarter system is ok if you dnt have a life....Attending an all year round school can be hard because the classes that are require of you to learn as well as trying to do the homwork. I feel that AI should think about having the regular semester where students can relax their minds a bit to regenerate for the next semester.
I don't mind the quarter system, but it would be nice to have a longer break. I'm not graduating much earlier than I would have if I had gone to another school with semesters. I also feel that we try to cram a lot into the 11 weeks that we do have, which can cause us to feel rushed & not retain as much of the information as we should.
I agree with the first writer. I don't mind the quarter classes but it would be very nice to have a longer break than three weeks. Sometimes you get burnt out on things because it's constantly in motion.
I don't mind AI's quarterly system but it would be nice to have a longer break than 3 weeks. And honestly at the rate that I took my classes, which was a pretty full workload, I'm only graduating 3 months earlier than what I would have if we had semesters. Sometimes with the short 11 week quarters I also feel like we are rushing to learn everything that we need to. Especially if there is a holiday and we don't meet for class one week it cuts a chunk out of the time we have in the class.
ReplyDeleteGoing from the traditional semester system, to a quarterly system was a challenge at first. With the traditional semester system, you are granted more breaks, you have more time to learn material and it doesn't seemed as rushed and crammed to learn as you do with the quarterly system. I feel that with the quarterly system, sure it's good that you get done faster, however, it takes a toll on your learning process and your overall health trying to cram everything in. The semester system is definitely something AI, should look into.
ReplyDeleteI also don't mind AI's quarterly system. However, with only 11 weeks to learn everything, it is very rushed & really does take a toll on your mind and learning capabilities. I think that semesters would not only give us more time to learn material but would also give us more time to do a better job on our projects, rather than rushing through them, like many of us do now. It would also be nice to have a summer break. I used to think it was going to pay off to keep going through the summers, however now that I am almost finished, I am graduating not much sooner that I would if I were attending a semester based college. I definitely think that semesters are something that AI should look into.
ReplyDeleteI don’t mind the way the terms are set up. To me it seem like to graduate faster so I am all for that. There are times that I wish I could stay in a class a little longer because I am learning so many new things I didn’t know. But most of the time it seems reasonable.
ReplyDeleteI would prefer semesters. It is hard to connect with old friends and travel over the summer and take classes. It is hard to take a quarter off and be able to stay on the quarterly class system especially since non-general education classes are generally only available every other quarter. Another reason why I would prefer semesters over quarters is that internships start over semester college summer breaks, which is in the middle of two AI quarters.
ReplyDeleteWith having a background in attending both a traditional semester based school as well as two art institute where both were quarterly based, I feel that I preferred a quarterly system when trying to find classes I want to graduate. This style school allows for if you can't find a class you need to have a shorter time to wait until you can see if the next quarter will offer it. At a traditional school it is hard if you have one class to take before graduating and it is only offered once a year. that means you have to wait around if you don't manage to fit it in until the following year. However traditional semester style school I found was nice when it came to being able to take a number of classes at once. Since classes were shorter in time the homework ended up taking less time.
ReplyDeleteBefore I attended Ai and had the experience with the quarterly system, I was super pumped about getting done in 3 years. But as I started in August 2009, I feel like all of my time has been taken away from me. It doesn't seem like there are enough breaks to go home and visit my family. I am 3 hours away and it has been so difficult over the last few years to go home as much as possible between school and a full-time job. I also feel as if we as students have been rushed with our classes with being done in 11 weeks. I wouldn't mind having the semesters so I could have more of a break, but then again I'm thinking about how I'm almost done, and now I will have a lot more time to visit home. :)
ReplyDelete-Chelsea Bonnoront
I enjoy the quarterly because it gives you the best knowledge of how the business world operates. It gives you a sense of working and managing time to get your breaks and enjoy them. Having the summer off is an unrealistic event that doesn't happen useless you are filthy rich. So keep the quarters.
ReplyDeleteI prefer the quarter system over traditional semester. However there are pros and cons preferring a traditional semester over a quarterly one. All in all I prefer the quarter semester I like having a shorter semester and it cost less than having a longer semester, however I have a shorter time to get projects done and to learn new material. Also the breaks are shorter than traditional semesters. I live with my family though so it's not a big deal.
ReplyDeleteAt first I didn't like the quarter system. I didn't realize when going to this school that it was all year round. After a year, I got use to it. I like it now because you get to get new classes every 11 weeks versus having the same classes for half the year.
ReplyDeleteI feel That AI quarter system is ok if you dnt have a life....Attending an all year round school can be hard because the classes that are require of you to learn as well as trying to do the homwork. I feel that AI should think about having the regular semester where students can relax their minds a bit to regenerate for the next semester.
ReplyDelete-Sarah Green
I don't mind the quarter system, but it would be nice to have a longer break. I'm not graduating much earlier than I would have if I had gone to another school with semesters. I also feel that we try to cram a lot into the 11 weeks that we do have, which can cause us to feel rushed & not retain as much of the information as we should.
ReplyDeleteI like the quarter system because we graduate faster. Classes also seem to go by more quickly with less wasteful time.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the first writer. I don't mind the quarter classes but it would be very nice to have a longer break than three weeks. Sometimes you get burnt out on things because it's constantly in motion.
ReplyDeleteCarolyn Korkzan