Yes I do; especially in our current economic state. It's very scary to be uncertain on whether or not you will have a job at the end of your program and more specifically be able to pay your student loans back-- starting 6 months after you graduate. For the price that they charge; it's the least they can do.
I think AI should provide internship and job choices. We can look on our own for internship placements, but if the school requires you to have an internship, then they should have potential internships available. If the school is going to say that they help you find a job, then they should have a ready list of places looking to hire you.
I do belive that AI should provide internships and have jobs lined up for the students. This is because Indy does not have a huge fashion industry, it is difficult to find internships and jobs here. If they were to provide them here then the fashion/ art design industry would grow here. On the other hand I believe that if someone found one on their own they should be able to do those instead.
No, I think students should find their own internships. Nobody knows your strength and goals like you do. Only the student can really determine if the internship is a good fit, and if they will gain something from it. I do think the school should offer more opportunities for internships, but ultimately the decision is up to the student.
I do believe that AI should have internship and job POSSIBILITIES available. However, if those do not fit you, then you can/should look on your own. You need to learn how to find these types of things on your own because although you have help now, you may not in the future. I like that AI has someone to help you find jobs in the area you will be living in/looking to work in.
Internships are important, they allow for a hands on view of the future field a student is preparing to go into. With that being said I feel mixed about if the school should do more when getting student internships, they should give contacts of local business or help teach how to build a go interview portfolio but the students should take the time and use applying to the internships as a learning process. If however they student has completed there other classes and all they need is a internship to graduate the school should step in and help them at that point. But if the school did everything for the student when applying for internships the ones with fear of applying never would learn to over come there fears. After all that they should however help find entry level jobs for graduates who ask for help with finding those they of jobs. This will apply for adding to marketing tactics when the school is trying to get new students and allow for the students that are newly graduated to feel as though they were apart of something special and not just a student that was seen as a paying income for the school.
I think that internships are very important to have as students. It gives us a real world experience working with other creatives and even professionals or clients that have nothing to do with our majors. My internships have given me more confidence in what I know and have taken away some of the fear that I had before about what I was going to do after graduation and how I am going to adapt to the transition. I think it is important for Ai to provide internships and jobs for students but I also understand how this may not be completely practical. I think the school does a pretty good job of finding and notifying students about internships. I think the school could do a better job at notifying students or at least near graduating students about job openings and opportunities. Although this may help students find jobs easier, it's still almost impossible to completely guarantee job placement for all students. I think the Art Institute promises this a little too much and some students get aggravated when they graduate and the Art Institute has not provided them with a job. I think the Art Institute is responsible for doing all that they can to help graduating students out but it really all comes down to there being job openings and if that student or graduate is the best fit for the job.
Internships are a very important aspects for a student to learn. It gives the student a hands on experience for the business world. I feel since we're paying a lot of money for our education the school can benefit to help us out before or when we graduate. Especially the job that will help me get my foot in the door for my future career.
I believe that AI should have a list of internships and jobs ready for the student when it comes time for the student to graduate and/or have their internship course required. The school/major program needs to do a better job with making industry connections and having jobs/internships available for students. The student should also look for their own internships as well, however, the school should do a better job assisting.
Can I just ditto what Cara said?...no. Okay. Well then, I feel that internships are important for students to gain real world experience. Even more than that, we learn how to work with others, whether they be graphic designers, or not. Internships require you to be prepared for the real world, so it is important to have one and I feel that AI does a good job of letting students know of internships. I feel that once the student has been informed, it becomes their responsibility to attain that internship. Can they ask for a recommendation from Tia or Jordan or whoever else? Yes, and they should. AS far as job placement, AI can't guarantee absolutely every student a job. They can inform students of job openings and do everything in their power to help, but they can't guarantee the job to anyone. It comes down to the student applying for that job, having a strong portfolio and also being the best fit for that job. It's rough, but it's life.
I believe that AI should definitely have a list of internships available to us when we need one or ask. To have an internship is very important to get experience. I feel like they haven't always done a great job of doing so. The school is full of instructors have have been a part of the industries that we are majoring in. If they could help out with career services then that would be beneficial to them as well.
Yes, I believe that AI should provide students with internships and Job listings. Providing these opportunities will help students be more open minded of what to expect as well as preparing themselves professionally and skill level for their career.
Once again internships are important, but why should the school have to put all that information in front of you. Will your next employer advertise for better jobs? It should be the student's responsibility to "Take Control" of their own future. So many people just want stuff handed to them. Where is the work ethic you people say you have. It starts from within. You go find that internship. And if you still can't then ask for help from the school. I also believe the same for the job placement. You paid for the education to get you the job, you didn't hire Ai to be a job hunting merc. Now get in there and get your job.
Yes I do believe that the school should provide internships in the area that you wish to pursue. As a student you are not as familiar with all the possible companies that you could go to. When I applied to this school they game mw the impression that they would provide internships for me, it was one the things that helped me decided to attend the school. I was disappointed to find that it was not the case. I don’t think that the school should have to find a job for you, with them getting you the internship it helps you put your foot in the door so you should be able to achieve it your self. Going thru your internship you should be looking in to and getting a full understanding for all the companies at least in the area.
I don't necessarily believe that internships and jobs should be automatically lined up for students, but I think they should have lists readily available for the students that are looking for an internship. That way they can compare their strengths with what each place is looking for and what would be a good fit for them. I think Ai is good about sending e-mails and posting signage on the bulletin builds to notify students about these internships/jobs but it's time to take the initiative and put yourself out there.
As for the job placement, I also think there should be more help in this department as for having a list readily available for near-graduating students that way they can meet with an career advisor and help them go the next step further.
Absolutely! I feel that with the reputation that AI has gained we should be garuanteed a job after graudation. Whether it be exactly what we want to do or our dream job, AI should be able to help place you somewhere in your field of study.
Yes I do; especially in our current economic state. It's very scary to be uncertain on whether or not you will have a job at the end of your program and more specifically be able to pay your student loans back-- starting 6 months after you graduate. For the price that they charge; it's the least they can do.
ReplyDeleteCarolyn Korkzan
I think AI should provide internship and job choices. We can look on our own for internship placements, but if the school requires you to have an internship, then they should have potential internships available. If the school is going to say that they help you find a job, then they should have a ready list of places looking to hire you.
ReplyDeleteI do belive that AI should provide internships and have jobs lined up for the students. This is because Indy does not have a huge fashion industry, it is difficult to find internships and jobs here. If they were to provide them here then the fashion/ art design industry would grow here. On the other hand I believe that if someone found one on their own they should be able to do those instead.
ReplyDeleteNo, I think students should find their own internships. Nobody knows your strength and goals like you do. Only the student can really determine if the internship is a good fit, and if they will gain something from it. I do think the school should offer more opportunities for internships, but ultimately the decision is up to the student.
ReplyDeleteI do believe that AI should have internship and job POSSIBILITIES available. However, if those do not fit you, then you can/should look on your own. You need to learn how to find these types of things on your own because although you have help now, you may not in the future.
ReplyDeleteI like that AI has someone to help you find jobs in the area you will be living in/looking to work in.
Internships are important, they allow for a hands on view of the future field a student is preparing to go into. With that being said I feel mixed about if the school should do more when getting student internships, they should give contacts of local business or help teach how to build a go interview portfolio but the students should take the time and use applying to the internships as a learning process. If however they student has completed there other classes and all they need is a internship to graduate the school should step in and help them at that point. But if the school did everything for the student when applying for internships the ones with fear of applying never would learn to over come there fears. After all that they should however help find entry level jobs for graduates who ask for help with finding those they of jobs. This will apply for adding to marketing tactics when the school is trying to get new students and allow for the students that are newly graduated to feel as though they were apart of something special and not just a student that was seen as a paying income for the school.
ReplyDeleteI think that internships are very important to have as students. It gives us a real world experience working with other creatives and even professionals or clients that have nothing to do with our majors. My internships have given me more confidence in what I know and have taken away some of the fear that I had before about what I was going to do after graduation and how I am going to adapt to the transition. I think it is important for Ai to provide internships and jobs for students but I also understand how this may not be completely practical. I think the school does a pretty good job of finding and notifying students about internships. I think the school could do a better job at notifying students or at least near graduating students about job openings and opportunities. Although this may help students find jobs easier, it's still almost impossible to completely guarantee job placement for all students. I think the Art Institute promises this a little too much and some students get aggravated when they graduate and the Art Institute has not provided them with a job. I think the Art Institute is responsible for doing all that they can to help graduating students out but it really all comes down to there being job openings and if that student or graduate is the best fit for the job.
ReplyDeleteInternships are a very important aspects for a student to learn. It gives the student a hands on experience for the business world. I feel since we're paying a lot of money for our education the school can benefit to help us out before or when we graduate. Especially the job that will help me get my foot in the door for my future career.
ReplyDeleteI believe that AI should have a list of internships and jobs ready for the student when it comes time for the student to graduate and/or have their internship course required. The school/major program needs to do a better job with making industry connections and having jobs/internships available for students. The student should also look for their own internships as well, however, the school should do a better job assisting.
ReplyDeleteCan I just ditto what Cara said?...no. Okay. Well then, I feel that internships are important for students to gain real world experience. Even more than that, we learn how to work with others, whether they be graphic designers, or not. Internships require you to be prepared for the real world, so it is important to have one and I feel that AI does a good job of letting students know of internships. I feel that once the student has been informed, it becomes their responsibility to attain that internship. Can they ask for a recommendation from Tia or Jordan or whoever else? Yes, and they should. AS far as job placement, AI can't guarantee absolutely every student a job. They can inform students of job openings and do everything in their power to help, but they can't guarantee the job to anyone. It comes down to the student applying for that job, having a strong portfolio and also being the best fit for that job. It's rough, but it's life.
ReplyDeleteI believe that AI should definitely have a list of internships available to us when we need one or ask. To have an internship is very important to get experience. I feel like they haven't always done a great job of doing so. The school is full of instructors have have been a part of the industries that we are majoring in. If they could help out with career services then that would be beneficial to them as well.
ReplyDeleteYes, I believe that AI should provide students with internships and Job listings. Providing these opportunities will help students be more open minded of what to expect as well as preparing themselves professionally and skill level for their career.
ReplyDelete-Sarah Green
Once again internships are important, but why should the school have to put all that information in front of you. Will your next employer advertise for better jobs? It should be the student's responsibility to "Take Control" of their own future. So many people just want stuff handed to them. Where is the work ethic you people say you have. It starts from within. You go find that internship. And if you still can't then ask for help from the school. I also believe the same for the job placement. You paid for the education to get you the job, you didn't hire Ai to be a job hunting merc. Now get in there and get your job.
ReplyDeleteYes I do believe that the school should provide internships in the area that you wish to pursue. As a student you are not as familiar with all the possible companies that you could go to. When I applied to this school they game mw the impression that they would provide internships for me, it was one the things that helped me decided to attend the school. I was disappointed to find that it was not the case.
ReplyDeleteI don’t think that the school should have to find a job for you, with them getting you the internship it helps you put your foot in the door so you should be able to achieve it your self. Going thru your internship you should be looking in to and getting a full understanding for all the companies at least in the area.
I don't necessarily believe that internships and jobs should be automatically lined up for students, but I think they should have lists readily available for the students that are looking for an internship. That way they can compare their strengths with what each place is looking for and what would be a good fit for them. I think Ai is good about sending e-mails and posting signage on the bulletin builds to notify students about these internships/jobs but it's time to take the initiative and put yourself out there.
ReplyDeleteAs for the job placement, I also think there should be more help in this department as for having a list readily available for near-graduating students that way they can meet with an career advisor and help them go the next step further.
-Chelsea Bonnoront
Absolutely! I feel that with the reputation that AI has gained we should be garuanteed a job after graudation. Whether it be exactly what we want to do or our dream job, AI should be able to help place you somewhere in your field of study.
ReplyDelete